The widespread of the Coronavirus has claimed the lives of many; celebrities have also become prey to the disease. One such personality who tested positive for the virus and eventually lost his life from it is Mark Blum. He was 69.
Blum was a well-known actor famous for his appearance in Desperately Seeking Susan in 1985 as Gary Glass. He had had 81 acting credits under his name alongside many theater credits as well.
Here’s some more detail about the late You actor, Mark Blum.
Mark Blum Left Behind Wife Janet Zarish
The American actor Mark Blum was a married man as he walked down the aisle with the love of his life, Janet Zarish. Though they had been together for years, the duo didn’t give birth to any kids.
Blum left his wife behind following his demise on March 26, 2020, at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He lost his life to the Novel Coronavirus.
The news was first revealed by the Playwrights Horizons and SAG-AFTRA executive vice president, Rebecca Damon after Blum’s representatives confirmed it. Many other celebrities also took to their socials to pay tribute to the late actor.
More details on Mark Blum Dead at 69 Due to Coronavirus!
Mark Blum’s Net Worth and Career
From his 37 long years of professional career, Mark Blum had accumulated a net worth of $4 million. In contrast, his wife, who is also an actress, enjoys a $600 thousand fortune. Now, following Mark’s demise, all of his wealth, $4 million, will go to his spouse.
Blum, who had 81 credits under his name, started his acting career in 1983 with his debut movie, Lovesick. Two years later, he made news for appearing as Gary Glass in Desperately Seeking Susan alongside actress Rosanna Arquette.
Mark had also had acting credits for a number of TV series. Some of his popular TV dramas are Sweet Surrender, Capital News, C.P.W., Law & Order, Mozart in the Jungle, and also You.
Here’s a list of what his movies earned at the box office!
|No Pay, Nudity (2016)||–||$20,017|
|How He Fell in Love||–||$17,575|
|I Don’t Know How She Does It||$24 million||$30.6 million|
|Crocodile Dundee||AU$8.8 million ($5.43 million)||$328.2 million|
|Desperately Seeking Susan (1985)||$4.5 million||$27.3 million|
Well, that’s about it for the late actor’s life!
Some Facts about the Late Actor
- Mark Blum was born on May 14, 1950, and died on March 26, 2020.
- He lived in New York City, Roosevelt Island before his death.
- Blum was a teacher at the Brooklyn College and HB Studios.
- “Get Out of Your Own Way” That’s the best advice he had ever received.
- He thought auditioning is the most annoying part of his job.
- Mark would have become a lawyer or a bookstore owner if he wasn’t an actor.
- Some of his favorite movies include Chinatown, The Wizard of Oz, and Midnight Cowboy, while some of his favorite TV programs were Top Chef and Yankee Game Broadcasts.
- Blum’s hobbies included Cooking, Baseball, Win, Reading, and Writing as well.
- His favorite holiday destination is Sonoma.
Follow Star Studds for more related news and articles.